Friday, January 7, 2011

She knows one thing more than the devil






An old Italian proverb to describe one who does something when all others question her sanity and not only does she turn out to be right, the thing turns out to be amazing. Yes folks, I am that devil. After the long slog to Agra to see the Taj Mahal (ho-hum another shiny white tribute to that emperor of the universe Shah Jahan), I made an executive decision. Once I arrived in Udaipur, city on the lake, I would not be moving. Nope. I was NOT going to go traipsing around Rajasthan as planned. Rather, I would set myself up in some old decaying castle and explore my environs from there, since public transportation is not quite what it should be in this part of the world—even the pricy and just as unreliable first class option.

I have to say that this devil is having a BLAST shopping and strolling through castles and temples and marketplaces. When I compared notes with more ambitious travelers, all agreed that Udaipur was probably the best and most relaxing place to be ‘stuck.’ Udaipur or bust. I’m glad I went for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment