Saturday, October 30, 2010

My house


Something has disturbed the pigeons who are circling around and the chant from the mosque, appropriately old and India picturesque, is heard distantly in the background.

I live in Defence Colony, a gated community originally built for British officers. It's car washing day here in Delhi and the man directly below me lifts off his tightly fitted, silver Mercedes Benz car cover to pay homage to his wealth. Although there are plenty of people out day and night, I would say overall that this place is not densely populated.

I got SO lost yesterday, both going to and from work. What a maze this place is!! People are very friendly once you speak to them and I have had MANY occasions to speak to people asking for directions. I still haven't figured it out yet--despite the fact that the map they have provided me is a grid. I did notice that they failed to include the triangular shaped park that is right in front of my house. I seriously question the grid...

The photo is a picture of my living room with my beloved terrace beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment